[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

code dz
Hi Martin
i think i asked you about this problem while ago , but i there was no
repro steps

now to repro this issue :

1 create new project
2 create a unit in the same prj folder , add a type or const  or var.. into it
3 ctrl+lclick on the type or const  but in the main program ( this
should let the source editor open the desired unit )

4 close the project
5 copy the folder of the project and paste it into another place
6 open the copied  prj and Ctrl+lclick in the main program into the
const or type

the source will then open the same unit but in a new tab

msegui.png (16K) Download Attachment

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

On Thursday 17 May 2018 20:23:05 code dz wrote:

> 1 create new project
> 2 create a unit in the same prj folder , add a type or const  or var.. into
> it 3 ctrl+lclick on the type or const  but in the main program ( this
> should let the source editor open the desired unit )
>
> 4 close the project
> 5 copy the folder of the project and paste it into another place
> 6 open the copied  prj and Ctrl+lclick in the main program into the
> const or type
>
> the source will then open the same unit but in a new tab

Please check the paths of the "unit1.pas" files by clicking on it and check
the path display at the bottom of the source window, they should be
different.
The opened files are stored as absolute paths and relative to the project
directory in *.prj file. At loading of *.prj MSEide first tries to load the
absolute path, if it does not exist it tries to load the file in project
directory relative path. If you copy a *.prj to another directory the first
step which must be done after loading the *.prj into MSEide in the new
directory is 'File'-'Close all' in order to close all files of the old
project directory.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

code dz

> Please check the paths of the "unit1.pas" files by clicking on it and check
>
> the path display at the bottom of the source window, they should be
> different.
> The opened files are stored as absolute paths and relative to the project
> directory in *.prj file. At loading of *.prj MSEide first tries to load the
>
> absolute path, if it does not exist it tries to load the file in project
> directory relative path. If you copy a *.prj to another directory the first
>
> step which must be done after loading the *.prj into MSEide in the new
> directory is 'File'-'Close all' in order to close all files of the old
> project directory.
>
> Martin
yes if i close all files it works normal , but if close the copied
project and open it again
then the 2 units point to the same path .

by the way it doesn't matter , closing the additional  tab does not hurt ;)

1.png (17K) Download Attachment
2.png (17K) Download Attachment

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

On Thursday 17 May 2018 20:23:05 code dz wrote:

> Hi Martin
> i think i asked you about this problem while ago , but i there was no
> repro steps
>
> now to repro this issue :
>
> 1 create new project
> 2 create a unit in the same prj folder , add a type or const  or var.. into
> it 3 ctrl+lclick on the type or const  but in the main program ( this
> should let the source editor open the desired unit )
>
> 4 close the project
> 5 copy the folder of the project and paste it into another place
> 6 open the copied  prj and Ctrl+lclick in the main program into the
> const or type
>
> the source will then open the same unit but in a new tab

Can not reproduce. Please send an example project and exact steps how to
reproduce.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

code dz
with my attached example , you can try

https://i.imgur.com/cqJyjmf.gif

test.7z (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

code dz
but i noticed that befor you clone the project folder , you have to
set main.pas as the active tab .
if you set unit1 active befor closing then mseide will not duplicate
the unit1.pas

On Saturday 19 May 2018 17:52:04 code dz wrote:
> with my attached example , you can try
>
> https://i.imgur.com/cqJyjmf.gif

Please try again with git master 4ffbead112b69ae0738a1c68036d2f0bedb2e44c.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] the source editor open the same unit twice

code dz
fixed ;)