[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz
Hi Martin
i don't understand tabulators.count in tsyntaxedit .
what i want to achieve is : whenever i press tab key tsyntaxedit will
make a tab , like mseide source editor .

thanks

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 10:01:53 code dz wrote:
> Hi Martin
> i don't understand tabulators.count in tsyntaxedit .
> what i want to achieve is : whenever i press tab key tsyntaxedit will
> make a tab , like mseide source editor .

Set tabulators.defaultwidth to the wanted advance per tab in millimeters. It
will be used if the count of entered tabs is greater than "tabulators.count".

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz
but if i press enter <new line > tab no longer works until i type something .
note that  i set tabulators.count to 1 , and defaultdist to 15 .

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz
> but if i press enter <new line > tab no longer works until i type something
> .
> note that  i set tabulators.count to 1 , and defaultdist to 15 .

now i set tabulators.count to 0 , and it works .
many thanks .

btw , how to load text from file to tsyntaxedit ?

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 10:34:25 code dz wrote:
> but if i press enter <new line > tab no longer works until i type something
> . note that  i set tabulators.count to 1 , and defaultdist to 15 .

Then it uses for the first tab the setting in tabulators[0] and "defaultdist"
for the additional tabs. What is the value of "tabulators[0].pos"?

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 10:39:40 code dz wrote:

> btw , how to load text from file to tsyntaxedit ?

"
 tcustomtextedit = class(tcustomedit,igridwidget,istatfile)
[...]
   procedure loadfromstream(const stream: ttextstream;
                                  restorestate: boolean = false);
   procedure loadfromfile(afilename: filenamety; //no const!
                                  restorestate: boolean = false); virtual;
   procedure savetostream(const stream: ttextstream;
                                        const resetmodified: boolean);
   procedure savetofile(const afilename: filenamety = '');
                       //afilename = '' -> current filename
"

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz
thanks , i forgot source code navigation ;)

btw : does mseide has "run" only  instead of run + debugging ?
because usually i always run the app from the system file browser , if
mseide can run the app without debugging it would be nice :)

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 13:05:19 code dz wrote:
> thanks , i forgot source code navigation ;)
>
> btw : does mseide has "run" only  instead of run + debugging ?
> because usually i always run the app from the system file browser , if
> mseide can run the app without debugging it would be nice :)

You make no bugs so that you don't need debugging? I am flabbergasted. ;-)

Set 'Project'-'Options'-'Debugger'-'Run command' to
"
./${PROJECTNAME}${EXEEXT}
"

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz
i alwasy disable debugging when start coding until something is crash
, at this time i enable debugging  , bad habit maybe ;)

but sometimes you want to see the result quickly ;)

thanks for the tip

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 14:01:05 code dz wrote:
> i alwasy disable debugging when start coding until something is crash
> , at this time i enable debugging  , bad habit maybe ;)

Suggestion:
Step through your seemingly working code, you will be surprised. ;-)

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

> i alwasy disable debugging

Huh, absolutely my 0,00001 cent, you may try ideU (
https://github.com/fredvs/ideU ).

It is a son of MSEide with some more features (including custom debugger
on/off) and is synchro with last MSEide commits.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz

> Suggestion:
> Step through your seemingly working code, you will be surprised. ;-)
>
> Martin

i am pretty sure that i'll surprised ;)

btw tsyntaxedit is really fast , what is the magic behind it ?
,because i load sqlite3.c which is 7mb only in a fraction of second
!!! , while other  ide's like msvc , notepad++ , codeblocks  take
nearly 2-3 sec to load this file .

but maybe these ide's take this extra time on parsing

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz

> Huh, absolutely my 0,00001 cent, you may try ideU (
> https://github.com/fredvs/ideU ).
>
> It is a son of MSEide with some more features (including custom debugger
> on/off) and is synchro with last MSEide commits.
>
> Fre;D

you've done a great job on ideU , i tried it befor  , but since i
started with mseide long time ago , i can't switch easily ;)

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 16:44:59 code dz wrote:

> btw tsyntaxedit is really fast , what is the magic behind it ?
> ,because i load sqlite3.c which is 7mb only in a fraction of second
> !!! , while other  ide's like msvc , notepad++ , codeblocks  take
> nearly 2-3 sec to load this file .

It is nothing new that MSEgui applications often are 10 times faster than the
alternatives.
BTW, what is the problem with running an application in MSEide debugger? For
me it starts in less than a second.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz

> BTW, what is the problem with running an application in MSEide debugger? For
>
> me it starts in less than a second.
>
> Martin

there is no problem , the only thing is when you want to optimize for
speed -O3 , at this point runing with gdb make no sense .

On Tuesday 21 November 2017 20:03:32 code dz wrote:

> > BTW, what is the problem with running an application in MSEide debugger?
> > For
> >
> > me it starts in less than a second.
> >
> > Martin
>
> there is no problem , the only thing is when you want to optimize for
> speed -O3 , at this point runing with gdb make no sense .

But there is no harm to run it in debugger. The starting time is slightely
bigger but the performance should be the same. And if there is an exception
one still can check the stack frame. Even with -gl -Xg -O3 debugging is
possible to some extent.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] tabs in tsyntaxedit

code dz
> one still can check the stack frame. Even with -gl -Xg -O3 debugging is
> possible to some extent.
>
> Martin

i didn't knew that , nice to have this ability with this level of optimization
i changed my mind .

thanks for the info