[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] stringgrid multi select how to?

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] stringgrid multi select how to?

PatG
I am trying to get a string grid to multiselect rows.

I cannot find the correect optinos to set to do it.

What options / flags do I need to set / unset for a multiselect row
stringgrid?

How do I know if the stringgrid is multiselected or only one row is
selected?

Thank you

Patrick

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] stringgrid multi select how to?

fredvs
Hello Patrick.

For selection I use:

 function selectcell(const cell: gridcoordty;
                          const amode: cellselectmodety;
                          const checkmultiselect: boolean = false): boolean;

For example to select first row:

     cellpos.row := 0;
     cellpos.col := 0;
     thestringgrid.selectcell(cellpos, csm_select, False);

And to access/change data in the stringgrid, for example:

     thestringgrid[1][2] := 'thedata';

But, sure, advice of Martin would be better.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] stringgrid multi select how to?

PatG
What I want is the user viewing the string grid dowes a left click on a row.

Then the user presses and holds (either) the shift key or the control key.

And then left clicks on one (shift key held) or more (control key held)
row(s) to get a range (shift) of rows or disjoint (control) row(s) selected.

The user would then rigth click on any selected row to get a popup menu
of available actions.

This would be similar to a file/directory list and selecting different
files to copy / delete from a folder / directory.

Patrick