[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] mseuniverse -> docs -. fpdoc -> msegui-docs-project.xml

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] mseuniverse -> docs -. fpdoc -> msegui-docs-project.xml

PatG
Hello Graeme (and others),

I am trying to do some fpdoc files.  This is my first attempt at using
fpdoc.

I created a new project.xml file using your msegui-docs-project.xml as a
base.

I removed all <descriptions> entries and created a new one.  The only
<description> entry is this:

--------

<description file="xml/fpccompatability/mclasses/mclasses.xml"/> (which
contains)
<fpdoc-description>
<package name="msegui">
<module name="mclasses">
<short>Class definitions for mseide-msegui</short>
<descr>mclasses.pas is a fork of FPC classes.pas where only internal
things have been  changed. The fork was necessary because the FPC team
didn't allow access to private fields and procedures. The API is the
same as the http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/index.html
original.
</descr>

<element name="tpersistent">
<short>base class for all object</short>
<descr>base class for all objects</descr>
</element>

<element name="Destroy">
<short>Destroy the object</short>
<descr>Destroy the object</descr>
</element>

<element name="tcomponent">
<short>the base for all components</short>
<descr>the base for all components</descr>
</element>

<element name="Create">
<short>Create the component</short>
<descr>Create the component</descr>
</element>

</module>
</package>
</fpdoc-description>

--------------------

When I generate the project documentation is created for tpersistent and
tcompnent.  However, the tpersistent.Destroy element does NOT have the
"Destroy the object" and tcomponent.Create does NOT have the "Create the
Component" for their descriptions.

If I change my project file to have "tpersistent.Destroy" and
"tcomponent.Create" then the Destroy/Create descriptions show.

Is there a way for the Destroy element descriptions to show up for both
the tpersistent and tcomponent elements or do I have to create separate
entries (tpersistent.Destroy and tcomponent.create).

Seems like a lot of duplication as tpersistent is an ancestor of tcomponent.

Or is my understanding about fpdoc wrong?

Patrick

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] mseuniverse -> docs -. fpdoc -> msegui-docs-project.xml

Graeme Geldenhuys
On 2017-11-23 16:10, Patrick Goupell wrote:
> Is there a way for the Destroy element descriptions to show up for both
> the tpersistent and tcomponent elements or do I have to create separate
> entries (tpersistent.Destroy and tcomponent.create).
>
> Seems like a lot of duplication as tpersistent is an ancestor of tcomponent.

See the FPDoc documentation and take a look at the ELEMENT tag. There is
a "link" property which you can define in descendants, pointing to
documentation of a parent. You would use this for overridden methods or
properties.

https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fpdoc/fpdocsu67.html#x88-870005.3.9

Regards,
   Graeme