[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

Hi martin,

  the identifier tmseformclass is  not found at compile time so what is the equivalent?

best regards.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

On Monday 25 June 2018 16:49:57 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi martin,
>

>   the identifier tmseformclass is  not found at compile time so what is the
> equivalent?

What is "tmseformclass"?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

Hi Martin,

actually I want to create forms manually using something like:

   tmseformclass( tmenuitem(sender) ).create( application)

I believe that tmseformclass is the class of all tmseform!!!

On Monday 25 June 2018 16:49:57 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi martin,
>

>   the identifier tmseformclass is  not found at compile time so what is the
> equivalent?

What is "tmseformclass"?

On Monday 25 June 2018 17:40:04 mohamed hamza wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>

> actually I want to create forms manually using something like:
>

>    tmseformclass( tmenuitem(sender) ).create( application)
>

> I believe that tmseformclass is the class of all tmseform!!!

The base widget with form functionality is tmseformwidget, tmseform is a
descendant with resource loading (both in unit mseforms).

"
tmseformclass( tmenuitem(sender) )
"
looks strange, converting a tmenuitem to a tmseform?

On Monday 25 June 2018 18:57:04 Martin Schreiber wrote:

> The base widget with form functionality is tmseformwidget,

Correction:                                  tcustommseform.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

In  fact it's  tmenuitem(sender).tag

where tag is pointer to tmsefom

On Monday 25 June 2018 19:10:25 mohamed hamza wrote:
> In  fact it's  tmenuitem(sender).tag

Please use tmenuitem.tagpointer, tmenuitem.tag is 32 bit on 64 bit
environment.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

tcustommseform( tmenuitem(sender).tagpointer ).create( nil) give

a segmention fault ay run time at TMAINFO_ONEXEC ?

On Tuesday 26 June 2018 12:27:48 mohamed hamza wrote:
> tcustommseform( tmenuitem(sender).tagpointer ).create( nil) give
>
> a segmention fault ay run time at TMAINFO_ONEXEC ?

Has tagpointer been set with a tcustommseform instance?
Or is it a classtype ("tagpointer:= tmyformclass")?
If yes use
"
 theforminstance:=
     custommseformclassty(tmenuitem(sender).tagpointer).create(nil);
"

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

Many thanks.

Med

On Tuesday 26 June 2018 12:27:48 mohamed hamza wrote:
> tcustommseform( tmenuitem(sender).tagpointer ).create( nil) give
>
> a segmention fault ay run time at TMAINFO_ONEXEC ?

Has tagpointer been set with a tcustommseform instance?
Or is it a classtype ("tagpointer:= tmyformclass")?
If yes use
"
 theforminstance:=
     custommseformclassty(tmenuitem(sender).tagpointer).create(nil);
"

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

Hi Martin,

In all my units I used tag instance .

   Why in 64 bits MseIde we have to change this to tagpointer?

For example :

 This line : Msedocs.tagpointer:=integer(MseSubdocs) gives an error at

compile time where Msedocs.tag worked in 32 bits  mode?

(Error: identifier idents no member "tagpointer"

Error: Illegal type conversion: "tmsesqlquery" to "LongInt"

Best Regards

Med

On Wednesday 04 July 2018 16:39:47 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

> In all my units I used tag instance .
>
>    Why in 64 bits MseIde we have to change this to tagpointer?

Because "tag" is a 32 bit integer.

> For example :
>

>  This line : Msedocs.tagpointer:=integer(MseSubdocs) gives an error at
>
> compile time where Msedocs.tag worked in 32 bits  mode?
>
> (Error: identifier idents no member "tagpointer"
>
> Error: Illegal type conversion: "tmsesqlquery" to "LongInt"

Please use
"
Msedocs.tagpointer:= MseSubdocs;
"
if "MseSubdocs" is a class instance. What is "MseSubdocs"?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] formclass

mohamed hamza

MseSubdocs is also a  tmsesqlquery  object.

On Wednesday 04 July 2018 17:16:55 mohamed hamza wrote:
> MseSubdocs is also a  tmsesqlquery  object.

Sorry, it is named "tagpo" not "tagpointer" in tmsecomponent.
"
Msedocs.tagpo:= MseSubdocs;
"
I'll try to unify the name.

On Wednesday 04 July 2018 17:30:59 Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2018 17:16:55 mohamed hamza wrote:
> > MseSubdocs is also a  tmsesqlquery  object.
>
> Sorry, it is named "tagpo" not "tagpointer" in tmsecomponent.
> "
> Msedocs.tagpo:= MseSubdocs;
> "
> I'll try to unify the name.

Done, git master dbdd65a5f19a8d15609673f0256e16b40b27fc5d. Now "tagpo" can be
used everywhere.