[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Alexey Loginov
Hi guys,

MSEide, MSEi18n, desktop files are now translatable by transifex.
You're welcome: https://www.transifex.com/Magic/mseide-msegui

Note: No gettext support in code yet, but it is only question of time.

Alex

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
Hello Alexey.

Excellent, many thanks for this.
I will ump into transifex asap. (I do not know  it and how to use it).
Tips and tricks are welcome.

Fre;D

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Alexey Loginov
Just register, select your language and edit it online. Transifex is free for open source projects.
I merged translations from fpgui, uidesigner, lazarus into mseide, msei18n using transifex, so they are translated already 10% on popular languages.
Translation memory is available too from other programs from Magic organization.
Everything will help to translate fast.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
It seems magical.

Huh, Roland, maybe du boulot pour toi?
;-)

Fre;D

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Roland Chastain
Hello Fred!

Yes, I would be glad to make the French translation for MSEide. I will look at Transifex. (For now I am making a French translation for WinBoard.)

Best regards.

Roland
Envoyé: mardi 5 mars 2019 à 12:29
De: "Fred van Stappen" <[hidden email]>
À: "General list for MSEide+MSEgui" <[hidden email]>
It seems magical.

Huh, Roland, maybe du boulot pour toi?
;-)

Fre;D

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
Hello Roland.

Did you see that Alexey did translation + fixes for fpGUI too?

Maybe it could be great for your Eschecs project.

Envoyé: mardi 5 mars 2019 à 12:29
De: "Fred van Stappen" <[hidden email]>
À: "General list for MSEide+MSEgui" <[hidden email]>
It seems magical.

Huh, Roland, maybe du boulot pour toi?
;-)

Fre;D

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
Maybe it could be great for your Eschecs project.

I want say that it would be great to use Transifex for Eschecs (not oblige Alexey to do it, of course).

Fre;D

Envoyé: mardi 5 mars 2019 à 12:29
De: "Fred van Stappen" <[hidden email]>
À: "General list for MSEide+MSEgui" <[hidden email]>
It seems magical.

Huh, Roland, maybe du boulot pour toi?
;-)

Fre;D

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Alexey Loginov
msei18n tool has a lot bugs, Martin did not give enought love for
localization. But Fred started to fix bugs and even add new futures in
msei18n :)
You're welcome to help. Testers are wanted. Developers are wanted.
Translators are wanted.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Alexey Loginov
Good news!

Fred implemented import PO files into MSEi18n tool. So you can build
mseide, msei18n, mselang in your language.
Not perfect yet, but we're working on it.

Alex

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Santiago A.
El 04/03/2019 a las 23:17, Alexey Loginov escribió:

> Hi guys,
>
> MSEide, MSEi18n, desktop files are now translatable by transifex.
> You're welcome: https://www.transifex.com/Magic/mseide-msegui
>
> Note: No gettext support in code yet, but it is only question of time.
>
> Alex

I was trying to help to translate into Spanish. But I get that all
resources are locked.

Santiago A.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
Hello Santiago.

> I was trying to help to translate into Spanish. But I get that all
> resources are locked.

Yes, it is a strange action of Alexey.

I did all the translation for French (lot of work) but I cannot access my
work anymore.

Anyway, the translations in transiflex are for the programs mseide and
mselang.

If you want to contribute, the language files (constants) for msegui are in
mseide-msegui/lib/common/mseconstslang/

There is also the msegui-mseide project with extended language features
here:
https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Re-hello.

> But I get that all resources are locked.

All the resources were saved, just before the "putch" here:
I did begin to translate into Spanish but it s not complete.

https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/lib/common/mseconstslang

https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/apps/ide/lang

https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/tools/i18n/lang

This mseide-msegui fork is i18n Gettext compatible and has all the tools to
translate po and pot files into Pascal needed files.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
fredvs wrote

> Re-hello.
>
>> But I get that all resources are locked.
>
> All the resources were saved, just before the "putch" here:
> I did begin to translate into Spanish but it s not complete.
>
> https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/lib/common/mseconstslang
>
> https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/apps/ide/lang
>
> https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/tools/i18n/lang
>
> This mseide-msegui fork is i18n Gettext compatible and has all the tools
> translate po and pot files into Pascal needed files.

And po and pot files from Transiflex were saved here:
https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/tools/po_files

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Graeme Geldenhuys
On 16/10/2019 1:26 pm, fredvs wrote:
> And po and pot files from Transiflex were saved here:
> https://github.com/fredvs/mseide-msegui/tree/master/tools/po_files

I really do not understand why MSEide+MSEgui's translations are so
complex. There are *.pas, *.csv, *.trd, *.trp, *.pot and *.po files!

In comparison, LCL and fpGUI only have *.po files - that's it. Anything
else is auto-generated. In the case of fpGUI, that's only *.inc files -
in case you wanted to compile fpGUI to default to another language other
than English (eg: if you only wanted to support a specific language).

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

fredvs
Hello Graeme.

> I really do not understand why MSEide+MSEgui's translations are so
> complex. There are *.pas, *.csv, *.trd, *.trp, *.pot and *.po files!

What is complex is mse-i18n (the application).
It allows to do much more than translation, via the i18n libraries
generated, transforming your application into a kaleidoscope.
You may adapt you application, for example about translation, to each
language, changing the translation, changing the layout of the form,
behavior of methods, etc..., independent, this for how many language you
have.

The .trp file is the i18n-mse project file, loaded by the program mse-i18n
that contains info of what program i18n is linked, configuration, etc...

All the data of the .trp file are stored in a .trd file.
There are data of languages and also properties of objects by language,
methods by language, etc...

The .csv file is a conversion of a .trd file into the csv format.
It is given as example to show that mse-i18n can deal with csv files.

The *.pot and *.po files is a (maybe) new addition.
It is not in the original mse-i18n code but in a fork.
It is given as example to show that mse-i18n can deal with .pot and .po
files too.

Now about i18n and translation, for my personal use, I do not need so
sophisticated adjustment, only the translation of the words is enough.

> In comparison, LCL and fpGUI only have *.po files - that's it. Anything
> else is auto-generated. In the case of fpGUI, that's only *.inc files -
> in case you wanted to compile fpGUI to default to another language other
> than English (eg: if you only wanted to support a specific language).

Yes, of course, like you I prefer things more simple.
But, afaik, mse-i18n is much more than a simple translator.

For translation, what I will use after that dolorous mse-i18n immersion, is
the po-to-pas converter that I did add in menu util of new mse_i18n.
It produces a pascal unit ready to use for the application.

And about the original extended features of mse-i18n (changing object,
etc..) that need a library produced by the mse-i18-program, at the moment,
personally I do not need it.

But it works, perfectly.

;)

On 07/11/2019 2:33 am, fredvs wrote:
> But, afaik, mse-i18n is much more than a simple translator.

Anybody actually using it [features] other than for translating words?

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations of MSE on other languages

Sieghard
Hello Graeme,

you wrote on Thu, 7 Nov 2019 17:33:34 +0000:

> > But, afaik, mse-i18n is much more than a simple translator.
>
> Anybody actually using it [features] other than for translating words?

Yes.

My project uses it to change the layout to optimally fit different screen
sizes, used for a kiosk kind control application.

(Weitergabe von Adressdaten, Telefonnummern u.ä. ohne Zustimmung
nicht gestattet, ebenso Zusendung von Werbung oder ähnlichem)