[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

Krzysztof
Hi Martin,

Long time since I did something with my MSEGUI project. Had to postpone it due to a lot of work in my company. Called today git pull, a really big bunch of changes! Great. But have few questions:

1. MSEIDE build fine, but when try to compile my project I get error related to msefreetype:

procedure initializefreetype(const sonames: array of filenamety);
const
 funcs: array[0..19] of funcinfoty = (
  (n: 'FT_Done_Face'; d: @FT_Done_Face),                //0
  (n: 'FT_Done_FreeType'; d: @FT_Done_FreeType),        //1
  (n: 'FT_Get_Char_Index'; d: @FT_Get_Char_Index),      //2
  (n: 'FT_Get_Kerning'; d: @FT_Get_Kerning),            //3
  (n: 'FT_Init_FreeType'; d: @FT_Init_FreeType),        //4
  (n: 'FT_Load_Char'; d: @FT_Load_Char),                //5
  (n: 'FT_Load_Glyph'; d: @FT_Load_Glyph),              //6
  (n: 'FT_New_Face'; d: @FT_New_Face),                  //7
  (n: 'FT_Set_Char_Size'; d: @FT_Set_Char_Size),        //8
  (n: 'FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes'; d: @FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes),    //9
  (n: 'FT_Set_Transform'; d: @FT_Set_Transform),        //10
  (n: 'FT_Outline_Decompose'; d: @FT_Outline_Decompose),//11
  (n: 'FT_Library_Version'; d: @FT_Library_Version),    //12
  (n: 'FT_Get_Glyph'; d: @FT_Get_Glyph),                //13
  (n: 'FT_Glyph_Copy'; d: @FT_Glyph_Copy),              //14
  (n: 'FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap'; d: @FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap),    //15
  (n: 'FT_Glyph_Transform'; d: @FT_Glyph_Transform),    //16
  (n: 'FT_Done_Glyph'; d: @FT_Done_Glyph),              //17
  (n: 'FT_Glyph_Get_CBox'; d: @FT_Glyph_Get_CBox),      //18
  (n: 'FT_Render_Glyph'; d: @FT_Render_Glyph)           //19
 );
 errormessage = 'Can not load Freetype library. ';
begin
 initializedynlib(libinfo,sonames,freetypelib,funcs,[],errormessage,@initft);
end;

msefreetype.pas(462,76) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 7: Got "<address of procedure;Register>", expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(const Pointer);Register>"
msefreetype.pas(467,33) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "<address of procedure;Register>", expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(const Pointer);Register>"

2. I saw some changes in mseaudio. This is what I always wanted to ask you. When looked at msegui source I saw a lot of solutions not stricte related to GUI (like dbus, cryptography etc.). Does MSGUI have something for playing mp3 music? So far I always used low level headers for libvlc, SDL or Bass library. Does msegui have something own or wrappers arround these libs? Same question about networking, does it have something for websockets (client side)? I'm using mORMot package for this. This is not feature request, just wondering if msegui has already something which fit better with MSEGUI by itself.

Regards

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

On Monday 18 December 2017 23:00:33 Krzysztof wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Long time since I did something with my MSEGUI project. Had to postpone it
> due to a lot of work in my company. Called today git pull, a really big
> bunch of changes! Great. But have few questions:
>
> 1. MSEIDE build fine, but when try to compile my project I get error
> related to msefreetype:

Should be fixed in git master 34483ee9f6cbbe82fb8487c32557939914d7f9cf.
[...]
> 2. I saw some changes in mseaudio. This is what I always wanted to ask you.
> When looked at msegui source I saw a lot of solutions not stricte related
> to GUI (like dbus, cryptography etc.). Does MSGUI have something for
> playing mp3 music?

No.

> So far I always used low level headers for libvlc, SDL
> or Bass library. Does msegui have something own or wrappers arround these
> libs?

No, there are components for PulseAudio only.

> Same question about networking, does it have something for websockets
> (client side)? I'm using mORMot package for this. This is not feature
> request, just wondering if msegui has already something which fit better
> with MSEGUI by itself.

No, there are components for normal sockets only.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

Graeme Geldenhuys
On 2017-12-19 06:38, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>> Does MSGUI have something for
>> playing mp3 music?
> No.

I highly recommend you take a look at the cross-platform UOS (United
OpenLib of Sound) project by Fred. It works very well and the author has
tested it with multiple GUI frameworks and multiple OS targets.

   https://github.com/fredvs/uos/

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

fredvs
Thanks Graeme.

uos has {$DEFINE mse} in define.inc.

If you uncomment this when using uos in a MSEgui projet,  mseThread will be
used in place of fpc TThread, same for MSEtimers.

Here a MSE/uos project: https://github.com/fredvs/strumpract/releases/

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

Krzysztof
Yes I know UOS but ICY Data is missing for me in internet streaming. I even started investigating this some time ago:
Fred, did you have any progress with that?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

fredvs
Hello Dibo.

> Fred, did you have any progress with that?

Huh, sincerely, I thought that you did it work....

Like you know, when I connect to Internet it is always a adventure and only
for a short moment (if the fingers are well crossed).

So, ok, I will jump again in ICY Data asap.

Huh, about ICY Data, do you know a application that can deal with it (to see
what must be the result).

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Reactivate my project

Krzysztof
> Huh, sincerely, I thought that you did it work....

No, since I suspended my project which needed that :)

> Huh, about ICY Data, do you know a application that can deal with it (to see
> what must be the result).

Not really. This is not urgent for me now. Maybe I'll even try to
continue this later when nothing else left in my app