[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

On a tabbed form (currentsplitdir = sd_tabed) how to know that a other tab
(form) was selected ?

How to know what active form (=tab) is active ?

Is tdockpanelform the good choice for extra-dock panels?
 ( if you remember the StrumPract main form, I want to have others
dock-forms that have the same behaviour that the main-form ===> auto-height
when dragging a new form into the dockpanel and auto-height when the
dockpanel is tabbed and a other tab is selected.)

I was able to get the same behaviour as mainform of StrumPract for
extra-dockpanels with .currentsplitdir = sd_horz but with currentsplitdir =
sd_tabed the auto-height is not working.

Thanks.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

On Tuesday 29 May 2018 17:24:10 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> On a tabbed form (currentsplitdir = sd_tabed) how to know that a other tab
> (form) was selected ?

dragdock.onlayoutchanged will be triggered.

> How to know what active form (=tab) is active ?

In onlayoutchanged "sender.activetabpage". The actual form if existing is a
child of "activetabpage", "sender.activewidget" returns it.

> Is tdockpanelform the good choice for extra-dock panels?

Any widget with a "dragdock" property can do.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

OK, I get the active form in tab with basedock.dragdock.activewidget and if
a tab is changed with the form.onshow of the activewidget,

All works perfectly.

But, when a tab is changed, the title of the the tdockpanelform is changed
for "1".
How to keep the original assigned title (not this automatic change) ?

On Wednesday 30 May 2018 02:09:28 fredvs wrote:

> But, when a tab is changed, the title of the the tdockpanelform is changed
> for "1".
> How to keep the original assigned title (not this automatic change) ?

Please send a simple testprogram which shows the problem.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
> Please send a simple testprogram which shows the problem.

Hello.

Here video of a test program (not ready to show the code).

msedockpanel_title.mp4
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msedockpanel_title.mp4>

On Wednesday 30 May 2018 13:06:14 fredvs wrote:

> > Please send a simple testprogram which shows the problem.
>
> Hello.
>
> Here video of a test program (not ready to show the code).
>
> msedockpanel_title.mp4
> <http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msedockpanel_title.m
>p4>

Then I'll wait for the simple test case. It is better than guessing.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
> Then I'll wait for the simple test case. It is better than guessing.

OK, here a very simple test case (review the video to reproduce the thing):

https://github.com/fredvs/strumpract

On Wednesday 30 May 2018 13:53:00 fredvs wrote:
> > Then I'll wait for the simple test case. It is better than guessing.
>
> OK, here a very simple test case (review the video to reproduce the thing):
>
> https://github.com/fredvs/strumpract

You are joking?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
> You are joking?

Huh, yes.

Ok, changing

tdockpanel1fo = class(tdockpanelform)

with

tdockpanel1fo = class(tdockform)

Fixes the "1" auto-added for title-form.

There is still a problem with vertical scrollbar that will not appear if the
height of container > height of dockform .

(And this is not a joke).

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
Re-hello.

Here a video showing the scrollbar that does not appear with a TDockForm.

At begin of video, you may see that with a  TMainForm it works perfectly.

msedockform_scroll.mp4
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msedockform_scroll.mp4>

Of course checking StrumPract code is a joke but maybe you have a idea where
I have to look for that hidden scrollbar.

Thanks.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
Hello.

OK, I did follow your order:

1) Create a simple demo.
2) OK, it works out of the box  (==> Aaargh).
3) Delete the files of extra-dockform in StrumPract.
4) Re-create those extra-dockform from scratch + paste older-code.
5) Run it and... now perfect, out-of-the-box...!
6) ;-)

msedockform_scroll_ok.mp4
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msedockform_scroll_ok.mp4>

Ok, solved.
But yes, strange things appear those days, maybe it is related with this...

By the way, is it possible to hide the "Maximize" icon of a form and not
permite to maximize a form while 2Xclick on the title-bar ?

On Thursday 31 May 2018 14:39:17 fredvs wrote:

> By the way, is it possible to hide the "Maximize" icon of a form and not
> permite to maximize a form while 2Xclick on the title-bar ?

I assume it depends on the window manager. You can try to set
<form>.bounds_cxmax/bounds_cymax.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
> You can try to set <form>.bounds_cxmax/bounds_cymax.

Yes, of course it set like this.
But maximize button is still visible and 2xclik on the titlebar maximize it.

Maybe is it possible with MSE to have forms without any title-bar ?

Setting

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
Ooops,it was snipped...

Maybe, is it possible with MSE to have forms without any title-bar ?

And then create a virtual title-bar with only system+minimize icon.
And set the position of menu-panel in bottom of that virtual title-bar ?

On Thursday 31 May 2018 14:58:34 fredvs wrote:
> > You can try to set <form>.bounds_cxmax/bounds_cymax.
>
> Yes, of course it set like this.
> But maximize button is still visible and 2xclik on the titlebar maximize
> it.
>
> Maybe is it possible with MSE to have forms without any title-bar ?

optionswindow wo_noframe hides the window frame if the window manager supports
it.

On Thursday 31 May 2018 15:11:10 fredvs wrote:
> Ooops,it was snipped...
>
> Maybe, is it possible with MSE to have forms without any title-bar ?
>
> And then create a virtual title-bar with only system+minimize icon.
> And set the position of menu-panel in bottom of that virtual title-bar ?

Or make bug report for your window manager. Attached how KDE3.5 shows.

cxmax0.png (16K) Download Attachment
cxmax500.png (15K) Download Attachment

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

As workaround, here a way to hide the maximize button and not maximize if
2xclick on menubar:

procedure tmainfo.updatelayout();
begin

bounds_cxmax:= 0;
bounds_cxmin:= 0;
bounds_cymax:= 0;
bounds_cymin:= 0;

... // do the resize things if needed...

bounds_cxmax:= bounds_cx;
bounds_cxmin:= bounds_cx;
bounds_cymax:= bounds_cy;
bounds_cymin:= bounds_cy;
end;

<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/nomaximize.png>

On Friday 01 June 2018 00:07:16 fredvs wrote:

> Hello Martin.
>
> As workaround, here a way to hide the maximize button and not maximize if
> 2xclick on menubar:
>
> procedure tmainfo.updatelayout();
> begin
>
> bounds_cxmax:= 0;
> bounds_cxmin:= 0;
> bounds_cymax:= 0;
> bounds_cymin:= 0;
>
> ... // do the resize things if needed...
>
> bounds_cxmax:= bounds_cx;
> bounds_cxmin:= bounds_cx;
> bounds_cymax:= bounds_cy;
> bounds_cymin:= bounds_cy;
> end;

That means that your window manager hides the maximize button only if cxmin,
cxmax, cymin and cymax are set? Looks suboptimal to me, KDE3.5 does better
IMO.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OnTabChanged ?

fredvs
> That means that your window manager hides the maximize button only if
cxmin, cxmax, cymin and cymax are set?

Yes, exactly.

> Looks suboptimal to me

For me too, what has cxmin/cymin to do with maximization...?

My Linux system is last Mint 18 (and his own window manager).