[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

12

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

Hi Martin,

3 years ago, I submitted a problem about activating subform.

Clicking inside objects of subform activate it. ( tdbwidgets ,  ....) but clicking Vscrollbar or Hscrollbar of tdbgrid does not  do it.

In fact I want to write something like:

OnActivate  ( tdbwidget )

ds.dataset:=tdbwidget(sender).datalink.datasource.dataset;

end;

where ds is a common datasource to all dbgirds.

I have one datasource to manage all dbgrids

Do you have any solution?

Best Regards.

Med

Med.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

On Wednesday 04 July 2018 20:29:41 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

> 3 years ago, I submitted a problem about activating subform.
>
> Clicking inside objects of subform activate it. ( tdbwidgets ,  ....) but
> clicking Vscrollbar or Hscrollbar of tdbgrid does not  do it.

I'll add another option.

> In fact I want to write something like:
>

> OnActivate  ( tdbwidget )
>

> ds.dataset:=tdbwidget(sender).datalink.datasource.dataset;
>
> end;
>

> where ds is a common datasource to all dbgirds.

I don't understand the purpose. "ds" is the datasource for the dbgrids and you
want to set "ds.dataset" while clicking on the scrollbar of the dbgrid with
the dataset of another dbwidget?

On Thursday 05 July 2018 08:13:10 Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 July 2018 20:29:41 mohamed hamza wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> >

> > 3 years ago, I submitted a problem about activating subform.
> >
> > Clicking inside objects of subform activate it. ( tdbwidgets ,  ....) but
> > clicking Vscrollbar or Hscrollbar of tdbgrid does not  do it.
>
> I'll add another option.

git master dbdd65a5f19a8d15609673f0256e16b40b27fc5d has frame.options
cfo_framerectfocus (experimental).

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

Hi   Martin

   Setting cfo_framerectfocus to true solves the problem.
Thank you.

Nb:What do you mean by experimental, do you plan to change?

On Thursday 05 July 2018 18:32:07 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi   Martin
>

>    Setting cfo_framerectfocus to true solves the problem.
> Thank you.
>
> Nb:What do you mean by experimental, do you plan to change?

There can be unknown and unwanted sideffects of the change.

Please explain why you need:

> In fact I want to write something like:
>

> OnActivate  ( tdbwidget )
>

> ds.dataset:=tdbwidget(sender).datalink.datasource.dataset;
>
> end;
>

> where ds is a common datasource to all dbgirds.

I don't understand the purpose. "ds" is the datasource for the dbgrids and you
want to set "ds.dataset" while clicking on the scrollbar of the dbgrid with
the dataset of another dbwidget?

And why not simply click into the client area of the DB-grid instead on the
scrollbars in order to activate the grid?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

    I think that the end user believes that the whole area is a hot zone and then the dataset changed when he navigates from one grid to the other. Do you agree  with me?

Med.

On Friday 06 July 2018 10:03:35 mohamed hamza wrote:
>     I think that the end user believes that the whole area is a hot zone

Normally one does not want to loose focus on the current edit widget if one
scrolls a visible grid. If one wants to activate the grid one clicks in the
client area of the grid IMHO.

> and then the dataset changed when he navigates from one grid to the other.
> Do you agree  with me?

Why does the connected dataset need to be changed while activating the grid?
It could even be set at design time and doesn't need to be changed. I really
would like to understand, please explain.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

The project  contains a BaseForm with the following objects:

  1.  Navigator,
  2. Datasource

And 2 Methods: (OnActivate, OnStateChange)

See the attachments.

all other forms are inherited from BaseForm.

I think that you can understand what I  want to do?

Med

basform.tar.gz (666 bytes) Download Attachment

On Friday 06 July 2018 12:26:52 mohamed hamza wrote:

> The project  contains a BaseForm with the following objects:
>

>   1.   Navigator,
>   2.  Datasource
>

> And 2 Methods: (OnActivate, OnStateChange)
>

> See the attachments.
>

> all other forms are inherited from BaseForm.
>

> I think that you can understand what I  want to do?

I often use a similar approach with common ancestors for edit and list forms.
The base forms have a tdatasource with empty dataset property. An actual
descendant edit or list form has the datasource.dataset property set to the
wanted dataset, there is no need for code in OnActivate event. Most likely
OnCreate or OnCreated or on OnEventLoopStart would be more appropriate
anyway.
See
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/tree/master/tools/kicad/bom
particularly as example
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/blob/master/tools/kicad/bom/componenteditform.pas
and its ancestor base form
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/blob/master/tools/kicad/bom/recordeditform.pas
which is used as base for several different record edit forms.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

I do not agree because the child-form has  3 grids and each grid has it's own

dataset?

On Friday 06 July 2018 15:51:53 mohamed hamza wrote:
> I do not agree because the child-form has  3 grids and each grid has it's
> own
>
> dataset?

Why must the <datasource>.dataset properties be set in <dbgrid>.OnActivate?
Where are the  <datasource>s located?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

In the datamodule .

By the way I did not find tsimplewidget in tskincontroler? what do we use instead?

Best  Regards.

Med

On Friday 06 July 2018 16:36:17 mohamed hamza wrote:
> In the datamodule .

Normally the structure is

<dbedit1>.datasource--+-----<datasource1>.dataset----+----<dataset1>
<dbedit2>.datasource--+                              |
<dbgrid1>.datasource--+                              |
  [...]                                              |

<dbedit3>.datasource--+-----<datasource2>.dataset----+
<dbedit4>.datasource--+          [...]
<dbgrid2>.datasource--+
  [...]

<dbedit5>.datasource--+-----<datasource3>.dataset----+----<dataset2>
<dbedit6>.datasource--+                              |       [...]
<dbgrid3>.datasource--+                              |
  [...]                                              |

<dbedit7>.datasource--+-----<datasource4>.dataset----+
<dbedit8>.datasource--+          [...]
<dbgrid4>.datasource--+
  [...]

What is different in your setup?

> By the way I did not find tsimplewidget in tskincontroler? what do we use
> instead?

For which purpose?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

Yes I have the same  structure as you defined. But

dataSource1,dataSource2,...,dataSourceN are in DataModule. dataset1,dataset2,...datasetN  are also in that DataModule.

For which purpose?

I use tsimpleWidget as container of  all dbedit. The frame have to change color when activated.

On Friday 06 July 2018 18:08:44 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Yes I have the same  structure as you defined. But
>
> dataSource1,dataSource2,...,dataSourceN are in DataModule.
> dataset1,dataset2,...datasetN  are also in that DataModule.

Why do you need code in OnActivate? It should not be necessary.
Important is that you create the datamodule by application.createdatamodule()
so it will be registered in order the DB-widgets in the forms can find the
linked components.

> For which purpose?
>

> I use tsimpleWidget as container of  all dbedit. The frame have to change
> color when activated.

I would use tgroupbox.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

Hi Martin,

  You are right. What about Navigator, I have one navigator for all datasets

Best Regards.

Med.

On Friday 06 July 2018 18:08:44 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Yes I have the same  structure as you defined. But
>
> dataSource1,dataSource2,...,dataSourceN are in DataModule.
> dataset1,dataset2,...datasetN  are also in that DataModule.

Why do you need code in OnActivate? It should not be necessary.
Important is that you create the datamodule by application.createdatamodule()
so it will be registered in order the DB-widgets in the forms can find the
linked components.

> For which purpose?
>

> I use tsimpleWidget as container of  all dbedit. The frame have to change
> color when activated.

I would use tgroupbox.

On Friday 06 July 2018 22:09:38 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

>   You are right. What about Navigator, I have one navigator for all
> datasets

In that case the datasource of the navigator or the dataset of the datasource
must be switched.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

What do you mean by  switched?

Med

On Saturday 07 July 2018 08:53:22 mohamed hamza wrote:
> What do you mean by  switched?

<navigator>.datasource:= thewanteddatasource;
or
<navigator>.datasource-------<datasource>.dataset:= thewanteddataset;
in OnEnter of the groupbox.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Old Problem

mohamed hamza

You mean that I have to use OnEnter event instead OnActivate.

( Tsimplewidget.onEnter and tdbgrid.onEnter )

Just be curious to know why OnActivate is not appropiate?

Med.