[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

Krzysztof-2
Hi Martin,

Are you planning port MSEGUI to OS X? I know that most apple users are accustomed to native looking apps but this trend becomes less annoying and some companies forced unique look over all platforms like spotify, skype, signal etc (although electron based apps). I'm working with my friend on some project using MSE, he is responsible for server side and web API. We have almost ready desktop app for linux and windows but he have recent Macbook Air and for tests he must switch to some PC with Ubuntu or Windows or use virtualbox. He also work on OS X version using Electron framework and try to make same look as my MSE but this is just double work. We could be your beta testers :)

Regards

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

Krzysztof-2
pon., 3 gru 2018 o 21:03 fredvs <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hello.

Did you try Wine for Mac?

No and it isn't option for us :( . It must be standalone, tiny, easy to install and ready to go app for target users. Deploy whole Wine backend doesn't make my app "lightweight" anymore and that is why I'm big fun of MSE GUI and fpGUI frameworks

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

fredvs
I am also big fan of MSEgui and fpGUI.

But the reality is that Mac does not like anything else than himself.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

Krzysztof-2
pon., 3 gru 2018 o 22:17 fredvs <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
I am also big fan of MSEgui and fpGUI.

But the reality is that Mac does not like anything else than himself.

IIRC fpGUI has support for OS X but I'm waiting for "Alien windows" feature in this framework. Both have pros and cons and it is always dilemma for me which one pick :)

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

fredvs
> IIRC fpGUI has support for OS X

Yes but that was valid in the old ages.
Now last OSX does not give compatibility with Xorg  (XQuartz) ;(.

It is possible to re-install old-XQuartz, but, AFAIK, it needs lot of
dependencies, is instable and finally needs much more work than installing
Wine for Mac (and so use fpgui/msegui for Windows).

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] OS X?

About widget-set not absolutely pure Mac.

See all the problem that have Lazarus with LCL cocoa platform.

It still dont work ok and applications done with LCL-cocoa proposed to
Apple-store are refused because they did not use "pure cocoa" .