[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

12

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Hi all,

   I found a sample prj  written by Martin:

mseuniverse -- /samples/forms/formintabpage.  This project works ( of couse).

I wanted to  add some enhancements but I can not open the editpage1form.mfm.

I want to know if you have the same problem?

Regards

Med

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

PatG

On 1/24/19 1:20 PM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Hi all,

   I found a sample prj  written by Martin:

mseuniverse -- /samples/forms/formintabpage.  This project works ( of couse).

I wanted to  add some enhancements but I can not open the editpage1form.mfm.

I want to know if you have the same problem?

In what way can you not open the mfm file?  Cany you do a right click and select show as form?

Patrick

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

PatG

On 1/24/19 1:20 PM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Hi all,

   I found a sample prj  written by Martin:

mseuniverse -- /samples/forms/formintabpage.  This project works ( of couse).

I wanted to  add some enhancements but I can not open the editpage1form.mfm.

I want to know if you have the same problem?

Open the project

right click and open the foloowing files:

main.pas, baseeditform.pas, basetabsform.pas, editform.pas, click cancel for any popup messages

In the right panel of the editor form you should now see the just opened files.  Expand the panel if you cannot see the full file name.

right click on the *.mfm files and select show as form.

That should get you going.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Hi Patrick,

Showing it as form gives ' Unresolved in teditpage1fo   to mainmo.ds1
Do you wish to search ...... ?'

This message is followed by an other : unresolved references to mainmo.ds1

In Fact there is not ds1 in mainmo.pas  ?

Med

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

Hello Med.

> I wanted to  add some enhancements but I can not open the
> editpage1form.mfm.

Did you try to open editpage1form.pas and then toggle form unit to form?

Here it was out-of-the-box (but you need to assign the "not found" form if
there is one missing).

See picture:

<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mseuniverse_med.png>

Do not forget to do a "Touch Form" after your enhancement.(right-click on
the form and click on "Touch Form" ).

On 1/25/19 5:48 AM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Showing it as form gives ' Unresolved in teditpage1fo   to mainmo.ds1
Do you wish to search ...... ?'

This message is followed by an other : unresolved references to mainmo.ds1

In Fact there is not ds1 in mainmo.pas  ?

Med

Did y9u see my follow up post with the open *.pas files and *.mfm show as form?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Hi there,

    I did the enhancements to  the Prj ( forms and *.pas ) but the  result is  not what expected. If somebody can help, I can explain ?

Med

On 2/2/19 3:34 PM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Hi there,

    I did the enhancements to  the Prj ( forms and *.pas ) but the  result is  not what expected. If somebody can help, I can explain ?

Med

Can you tell us what your problem is.  Be specific.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
This Martin's project  show us  how to play with tabwidget and switching datasource each time  tab changes ( see tbasetabsfo.initsubformev).

I  want to enhance it.

Suppose we have more grids in tabpage and each grid with a different datasource.

Then the chalange is : To switch datasource every time we change the grid via onenter event?

Med

On 2/3/19 6:02 AM, mohamed hamza wrote:
This Martin's project  show us  how to play with tabwidget and switching datasource each time  tab changes ( see tbasetabsfo.initsubformev).

I  want to enhance it.

Suppose we have more grids in tabpage and each grid with a different datasource.

Then the chalange is : To switch datasource every time we change the grid via onenter event?

Med

Which project are you referring to?

Please give the full path name starting with mseuniverse/...

Thank you.

Patrick

On 2/3/19 1:19 PM, mohamed hamza wrote:
MseUniverse/samples/forms/formintabpage

Med

If I understand you correctly you want a second, third or more grids on one of the tabpages.

When on that tabpage you change from grid 1 to grid 2.

IF this is correct then you would have to set an event (possibly onenter or some other event) handler that would then set the datasource just as the basetabsform does in its event handler tbasetabsfo.initsubformev.

Patrick

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Yes. We can write something like

procedure tpageeditfo.onenter(......)

begin
dataso.dataset:=tdbwidgetgrid(sender).datalink.datasource.dataset;
end;

But the units ( BaseEditForm, BaseTabsForm) will not be aware of this change)

dataso in BaseEditForm will not be set.

On 2/4/19 6:09 AM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Yes. We can write something like

procedure tpageeditfo.onenter(......)

begin
dataso.dataset:=tdbwidgetgrid(sender).datalink.datasource.dataset;
end;

But the units ( BaseEditForm, BaseTabsForm) will not be aware of this change)

dataso in BaseEditForm will not be set.

Expand the onenter event to set the dataso in BaseEditForm as well.

Patrick

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Extending is the problem did you notice that the unit baseeditpageform is used by basetabsform.

On 2/4/19 1:09 PM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Extending is the problem did you notice that the unit baseeditpageform is used by basetabsform.

NO, I did not look at the entire program.

You asked a question and I tried to answer it.

Are you doing this for yourself?  As a learning experience?  Something else?

What is the purpose of your question?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Using baseeditform inside baseeditpagefo seems to me a not optimized code.
  In fact I just want to know the possibiltie to  optimize an old code I developed. The Martin's   sample inspired me that all.

Med.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Hi all,
Mseuniverse /samples/forms/formintabpage developed by Martin is an interesting  example of how to use a tabbed form. Does anyone is avail  and interested to  enhance it?

Regards.

Med.

Using baseeditform inside baseeditpagefo seems to me a not optimized code.
  In fact I just want to know the possibiltie to  optimize an old code I developed. The Martin's   sample inspired me that all.

Med.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

fredvs
Hello Med.

Indeed there are lot of gems in MSEuniverse.

And it would be great if explorers like you, when you did understand how
works one of the galaxy of MSEuniverse, to explain it and give demos.

For example, now that you are deep inside MSE tab-form, it would be
excellent to commit those new demos into MSEuniverse samples.

About what to do with MSEdocked forms + tabs, there is that project who uses
it a lot (check the "layout" menu).:
https://github.com/fredvs/strumpract/releases

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MseUniverse

mohamed hamza
Hi Fred

Indeed there are lot of gems in MSEuniverse.

I pushed  two of them I do not know their values.  I am not an explorer, but I try  to find the best  route in my development.