[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

12

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

MSEcoupon prints and manages coupons. It demonstrates the use of
TAssistiveHandler. License is GPL, it needs MSEide+MSEgui git master version
from 2018-02-01 or newer.
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseide-msegui

https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/tree/master/tools/assistive/msecoupon

Please read README.TXT

Especially I am interested if it runs on Windows 10.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz
Hi
after run MSEcoupon i get this error , of course i copied
libespeak-ngsync7.dll to the exe dir .
i think you build libespeak-ngsync7.dll using recent version of visual
c++ ? , this has a runtime libaray separated in too many files .
so i think you have to mention this on readme that it needs microsoft
visual C++ 2015 redistributable installed already  . or rebuild it as
static runtime , or rebuild it with mingw ;)

error.png (13K) Download Attachment

On Thursday 01 February 2018 21:31:39 code dz wrote:
> Hi
> after run MSEcoupon i get this error , of course i copied
> libespeak-ngsync7.dll to the exe dir .
> i think you build libespeak-ngsync7.dll using recent version of visual
> c++ ? ,
eSpeakNG uses Visual Studio as compiler on Windows:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng
I used Visual Studio 2017 in order to compile the patched version.

> this has a runtime libaray separated in too many files .
> so i think you have to mention this on readme that it needs microsoft
> visual C++ 2015 redistributable installed already  . or rebuild it as
> static runtime , or rebuild it with mingw ;)

libespeak-ngsync7.dll is for Windows 7, for Windows 10 libespeak-ngsync.dll
should be used.

Can you report which Windows version you use and if it works after installing
vc_redistx64.exe or vcredistx86.exe from
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
?

Thanks, Martin

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz
i am using win7 32bits
now i get another problem with VC_redist.x86.exe

why don't you just rebuild the library with static runtime enabled ,
so we don't need to install vs redist .

error_.png (21K) Download Attachment

On Friday 02 February 2018 08:41:03 code dz wrote:
> i am using win7 32bits
> now i get another problem with VC_redist.x86.exe

What is in the "log file"?

> why don't you just rebuild the library with static runtime enabled ,
> so we don't need to install vs redist .

In order to prevent licensing issues I used the original eSpeakNG VS project
file.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

On Thursday 01 February 2018 21:31:39 code dz wrote:
> Hi
> after run MSEcoupon i get this error , of course i copied
> libespeak-ngsync7.dll to the exe dir .
> i think you build libespeak-ngsync7.dll using recent version of visual
> c++ ? , this has a runtime libaray separated in too many files .
> so i think you have to mention this on readme that it needs microsoft
> visual C++ 2015 redistributable installed already  . or rebuild it as
> static runtime , or rebuild it with mingw ;)

Did you install eSpakNG? From README.TXT:
"
Install eSpeakNG:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/releases
"
AFAIK it should install the necessary runtime libraries.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz
> On Friday 02 February 2018 08:41:03 code dz wrote:
>> i am using win7 32bits
>> now i get another problem with VC_redist.x86.exe
>>
> What is in the "log file"?

its big file 47k text file , i just don't have the energy to read it :p

>> why don't you just rebuild the library with static runtime enabled ,
>> so we don't need to install vs redist .
>
> In order to prevent licensing issues I used the original eSpeakNG VS project
>
> file.
>
> Martin

i don't like visual studio only from this point .

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz

> Did you install eSpakNG? From README.TXT:
> "
> Install eSpeakNG:
> https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/releases
> "
> AFAIK it should install the necessary runtime libraries.
>
> Martin

no , i checked it , it does not install the runtime library , only
install libespeak-ng.dll and espeak-ng.exe and the espeak-ng-data
folder .

but i think my problem is due to the absence of service pack , i 'll
try to install service pack 1 , and try again

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz
after installing sp1 , it works fine now :)

btw why i can't open main.pas , i get this warning

msegui.png (29K) Download Attachment

On 02.02.2018 14:48, code dz wrote:
> after installing sp1 , it works fine now :)
>
> btw why i can't open main.pas , i get this warning

Click 'OK', select "mainmodule.mfm".

I just installed it to another Win7 machine without Visual Studio and already installed Firebird and no XAudioD2_7.dll. README.TXT now is

"
[...]
On Windows
----------
Windows 7:
- Download libespeakng-sync7.dll
- If you don't have the XAudioD2_7.dll dowload and install the DirectX SDK:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
(572MB!) or get the XAudioD2_7.dll from another source.

Windows 8 or 10:
- Download libespeakng-sync.dll

Windows 7,8,or 10:
from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/files/eSpeakNG/
- copy it to "C:\Windows\System32" or to the directory of "msecoupon.exe".
- Install eSpeakNG:
https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/releases
- Download espeak-ng-data.zip from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/files/eSpeakNG/
- Extract it to the MSEcoupon working directory.
- Install Ghostscript:
https://www.ghostscript.com/download/
- Install GSView:
http://www.gsview.com/
- Install PDFtk:
https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/
- Install Firebird 3:
https://firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-3-0/
- Check if the environment variable "FIREBIRD" has been set by the installer,
if not create a system environment variable
FIREBIRD
with the value
C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0

Restart Windows (IMPORTANT!).

First Steps
-----------
In 'Einstellungen' check the tool paths , replace "Your Printer" in
'gs Parameter' with the exact name of your default printer.
On first start of MSEcoupon there will be an errormessage about
missing database. 'Einstellungen'-'Leere Datenbank erzeugen' creates an empty
database. There must be at least one object before it is possible to create
coupons, please use 'Leistungs-Katalog'-'Neue Leistung'.
If all went well there should be a female voice for the edit text and a
male voice for captions.
[...]
"
Do you hear a male and a female voice?

On Friday 02 February 2018 15:14:05 Martin Schreiber wrote:

> "
> [...]
> On Windows
> ----------
> Windows 7:
> - Download libespeakng-sync7.dll
> - If you don't have the XAudioD2_7.dll dowload and install the DirectX SDK:
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
> (572MB!) or get the XAudioD2_7.dll from another source.

Correction:
"
On Windows
----------
Windows 7:
- If you don't have the XAudioD2_7.dll dowload and install the DirectX SDK:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
(572MB!) or get the XAudioD2_7.dll from another source.
- Download libespeakng-sync7.dll
"

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

Hello Martin.

Before to jump into your demo, I have a question...

Does your demo use espeak-ng as executable or as a library ?

Sorry to insist with this but it is a matter of license.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz
> "
> Do you hear a male and a female voice?

its male voice with german language

On Friday 02 February 2018 18:20:56 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> Before to jump into your demo, I have a question...
>
> Does your demo use espeak-ng as executable or as a library ?

The demo is GPL, so it can use the eSpeakNG library. If you need another
license make a GPL eSpeakNG-server with the library code I provided. My
library code is LGPL with static linking exception.

On Friday 02 February 2018 20:28:20 code dz wrote:
> > "
> > Do you hear a male and a female voice?
>
> its male voice with german language

The edit texts should be spoken by a female voice. In main form there are no
edit texts.

Please try:
"
- Download espeak-ng-data.zip from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/files/eSpeakNG/
- Extract it to the MSEcoupon working directory.
"

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

code dz
now i hear a female voice .
but the voice engine take long time to initialize , it makes the form
freezing for about 5sec .
but in the second run it works fast , i mean this happen only  once per boot

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

> The demo is GPL, so it can use the eSpeakNG library.

Huh, Martin,... you did not answer to the question...

So, if I understand ok, the demo uses eSpeakNG-library directly, not via
eSpeakNG-executable.

If it is the case, do you have plan, like we did for sak, to also provide a
" eSpeakNG-executable" interface ?

Thanks.

On 03.02.2018 13:02, fredvs wrote:
>> The demo is GPL, so it can use the eSpeakNG library.  > > Huh, Martin,... you did not answer to the question... > > So, if I
understand ok, the demo uses eSpeakNG-library directly, not > via
eSpeakNG-executable.
Correct.
> > If it is the case, do you have plan, like we did for sak, to also >
provide a " eSpeakNG-executable" interface ?

No, if one needs a GPL-free speak interface I suggest to make a eSpeakNG
server based on
my eSpeakNG units. The eSpeakNG executable is not well suited for the
purpose.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSEcoupon ready for testing

fredvs
> The eSpeakNG executable is not well suited for the purpose.

What are you missing ? I did use also espeak library and did not find
exported methods useful that executable can not manage.

The only thing that I noted is that all was slower (yes, trust me), problems
for user to install libraries and license limitations.
Also, using high definition of voice-synth (disponible when compiling the
library) does not have any difference with the "standard" one.

But ok, you are the chief.

On 03.02.2018 20:15, fredvs wrote:
>> The eSpeakNG executable is not well suited for the purpose.
> What are you missing ? I did use also espeak library and did not find
> exported methods useful that executable can not manage.
Starting a new process for every voice doesn't look optimal to me. Also
canceling and synchronizing is sub-optimal. A single speak-server also
can support and synchronize multiple running applications.
> The only thing that I noted is that all was slower (yes, trust me), problems
> for user to install libraries and license limitations.
Currently I am adding support for Windows waveOUT API instead of Xaudio2
to eSpeakNG which should simplify the dll problem a bit.
It even sounds better because eSpeakNG Xaudio2 interface does not double
buffer it seems.
> Also, using high definition of voice-synth (disponible when compiling the
> library) does not have any difference with the "standard" one.
I don't understand, please explain.

12