[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

123

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
Hello.

Included translation of the MSE Programing Pass book:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/files/book/

mse_progpass_en.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_progpass_en.zip>
mse_progpass_fr.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_progpass_fr.zip>
mse_progpass_es.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_progpass_es.zip>
mse_progpass_pt.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_progpass_pt.zip>
mse_progpass_ru.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_progpass_ru.zip>

Translation available in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian.
(I did a fast check for en, fr, es and pt.  For ru, sorry I do not speak
Russian, so no check.)

Have fun.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
Hello.

Huh, after a deeper check, it appears that the translation (done by
Google-translate) from Germain into English, Spanish and Portuguese is more
or less understandable (but needs work).

But for translation from German into French, there is lot of work to make it
understandable.
I will do it for French asap.

For the translation from German into Russian I fear that there is work too.

On Tuesday 18 September 2018 16:09:00 fredvs wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Included translation of the MSE Programing Pass book:

Thanks, please push it to MSEuniverse when you think it is good enough.
The Latex/Lyx project is here:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books/tree/master/programmierspass
if you like to translate without disrupting the document layout.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
> The Latex/Lyx project is here:
> https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books/tree/master/programmierspass
> if you like to translate without disrupting the document layout.

=

LyX error: Module not available

The module mse has been requested by
this document but has not been found in the list of
available modules.

;-(

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
Hello Martin.

OK, the lyx files are in /books/layouts.

Not sure that using LyX will be easier than editing the pdf with LibreOffice
Draw.and re-export as pdf.
But ok, I will try with LyX.

On Wednesday 19 September 2018 02:21:18 fredvs wrote:

> Not sure that using LyX will be easier than editing the pdf with
> LibreOffice Draw.and re-export as pdf.
> But ok, I will try with LyX.

Translating the LyX source is better because the document layout is defined
there. Simply modifying the output PDF can overlap other text and images as
the examples show. And if one changes the layout in LyX document all the
translation work is lost...
Please use for every language a separate git branch. Or does LaTeX-LyX provide
a better translation mechanism? I don't know LaTeX-LyX much.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
> Or does LaTeX-LyX provide a better translation mechanism?

I do not know, I use my custom way to translate your German pdf into pdf of
other language.
Then I use LyX and change text from German to other lang (using copy-paste
from the translated pdf).

All works ok, I block on a little detail: how to change the "Formated
reference" (Change the text of "Bild", see picture).

<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/bild.png>

>  I don't know LaTeX-LyX much.

Huh, it is my first shot with LyX...

> Please use for every language

Saving as progpass_fr.lyx is not enough ?

On 9/19/18 2:19 PM, fredvs wrote:

> All works ok, I block on a little detail: how to change the "Formated
> reference" (Change the text of "Bild", see picture).
>
> <http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/bild.png>

It is probably in layouts/mse.module.

>>  I don't know LaTeX-LyX much.
>
> Huh, it is my first shot with LyX...
>
>> Please use for every language
>
> Saving as progpass_fr.lyx is not enough ?

No, because other files are language specific too, (source, LyX modules,
images...). It must be version tracked anyway.
I made the necessary branches and pushed them to gitlab:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books

In MSEgit you can click in the 'C' column (= checkout) of the branches
window in order to switch the language, see attachment.

BTW, it is spelled "Programmierspass" (Spass = fun).

bookgit.png (154K) Download Attachment

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
Hello Martin.

Ok, it was in mse.module ---> mse_fr.module created.

> No, because other files are language specific too, (source, LyX modules,
> images...).

Indeed, to do something nice, all the code of the examples should be updated
by language (hum, lot of work).

Why not use for all code-stuff exclusively English words?  AFAIK, all
instruction/words in Pascal are in English too.
And in the pdf_lang give the translation of the English words used in the
demos an images.

But ok, it is a lazy-advice.

> I made the necessary branches and pushed them to gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books

OK, I will study it.

> BTW, it is spelled "Programmierspass" (Spass = fun).

Ha, ok I was thinking Pass for Programmers (that I like too).

On Wednesday 19 September 2018 20:13:31 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> Ok, it was in mse.module ---> mse_fr.module created.

Please make the change in the dedicated branch, don't change the filename. So
later changes in mse.module can be propagated to the different languages
easily. An additional "mse_lang.module" which contains the language specific
expressions and which will be linked into "mse.module" probably would make
sense.

> > No, because other files are language specific too, (source, LyX modules,
> > images...).
>
> Indeed, to do something nice, all the code of the examples should be
> updated by language (hum, lot of work).
>
> Why not use for all code-stuff exclusively English words?  AFAIK, all
> instruction/words in Pascal are in English too.
> And in the pdf_lang give the translation of the English words used in the
> demos an images.

It is because of the intended audience of German speaking pupils.
There was zero reaction of German speaking teachers so you are right, the
examples could be made in English.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
Hello Martin.

Because of my terror of git, I will give the translated files in a zip file
per lang.
According your wishes. (no change in filename of the lyx file.)

> The examples could be made in English.

OK.

I will do first the checked translation for English and French.
Then Spanish and Portuguese.

Fre;D

PS: It could take some time.

On Thursday 20 September 2018 13:19:07 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> Because of my terror of git, I will give the translated files in a zip file
> per lang.
> According your wishes. (no change in filename of the lyx file.)

Please post them to MSEuniverse. That there will be no common git history
which could be used to manage changes, improvements and extensions is bad.
But it is you choice of course.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
> Please post them to MSEuniverse.

Brrrrr.  They ask me for keys (and, like for my car, I do not know where
they are).

(But maybe if you give some easy light, with console commands (please no git
programs) I will be less terrorized.)

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
> I made the necessary branches and pushed them to gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books

I do not see the English branche. ;-(

On Thursday 20 September 2018 14:22:56 fredvs wrote:
> > I made the necessary branches and pushed them to gitlab:
> > https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books
>
> I do not see the English branche. ;-(

Forgotten, sorry. Here it is:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/books/tree/master_en

On Thursday 20 September 2018 14:18:24 fredvs wrote:
> > Please post them to MSEuniverse.
>
> Brrrrr.  They ask me for keys (and, like for my car, I do not know where
> they are).

It is like in GitHub.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
Hello Martin.

Before that I attack gitlab, could it be possible to check the first chapter
in English (or French if you can) ?

This to see if I am on the right way.

Included pdf files:
progfun_en.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/progfun_en.zip>
progfun_fr.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/progfun_fr.zip>

And the sources:
mse_progfun.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_progfun.zip>

To compile the source with LyX:

- Copy from  /mse_progfun/layouts,  mse_en.module + mse_fr.module into your
/usr/share/lyx/layouts directory.
- In LyX do Tools-Recompile.
- Edit  progfun_en.lyx and change this lines according where you did save
/mse_progfun/layouts:

bibfiles "../msebooks/layouts/mse_en"
options "../msebooks/layouts/mse_en"

Thanks.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

fredvs
> the examples could be made in English.

And maybe the images too.

I am not convinced that using branches would make things easier for the
translator.

In my case, I load 2 projects in LyX, the template progfun_en.lyx and the
target progfun_fr.lyx and compile + switch from one to the other.

But if you work with git-branches it is much more complicated.

Also, each time you load the project with a other language, you have to
paste the correspondent mse.module in /usr/share/lyx/layouts.
And re-compile LyX.

My 100000000 cents, of course.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE Programing Pass Book

> It is like in GitHub.

In GitHub they only ask a password.

On Friday 21 September 2018 00:06:29 fredvs wrote:
> > the examples could be made in English.
>
> And maybe the images too.

Of course.
I know that I can not convince you, the following comments are meant for other
readers.

> I am not convinced that using branches would make things easier for the
> translator.
>
> In my case, I load 2 projects in LyX, the template progfun_en.lyx and the
> target progfun_fr.lyx and compile + switch from one to the other.
>
> But if you work with git-branches it is much more complicated.

One would make two clones of the "book" repo in different directories so one
can work with two different branches at the same time.

> Also, each time you load the project with a other language, you have to
> paste the correspondent mse.module in /usr/share/lyx/layouts.
> And re-compile LyX.

One would use the local module in "book" repo instead.

Probably it is the best to solely push the PDF's to MSEuniverse. I already
pushed the German version:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseuniverse/blob/master/docs/books/programmierspass/programmierspass_de.pdf

So you can do with the other files as you like and publish them as and if you
like.

123