[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Hello.

I try to enable hint for a horizontal ttabwidget without luck.

I did try with this but nothing appears:

atabwidget.activepage.hint := 'The hint';
or
atabwidget[atabwidget.count - 1].hint := 'The hint';

Does I miss something ?

PS: With vertical ttabwidget, hint is show if passing on a tab.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

On 09/15/2018 02:16 PM, fredvs wrote:

> I try to enable hint for a horizontal ttabwidget without luck.
>
> I did try with this but nothing appears:

This are the hints for the tab-pages

> atabwidget.activepage.hint := 'The hint';
> or
> atabwidget[atabwidget.count - 1].hint := 'The hint';

Works for me.

> Does I miss something ?

The hints for the tabs are the "ttabpage.tabhint" properties.

> PS: With vertical ttabwidget, hint is show if passing on a tab.

That would be a bug. For me "ttabpage.hint" will not be showed if the
mouse pointer is in tab area, "ttabpage.tabhint" will be showed instead.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Hello.

OK, I will study your comment, write you later.

Other thing.

In MSEide, with the vertical ttawidget of source-editor, the tab-hint has
for caption the name + extension of the file.

Good but, IMHO the full path name would be more useful.
This because sometimes the same files from 2 different directories are
loaded and the hint does not give info for this.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

> That would be a bug.

Could you please try this:

In MSEide, in sourceform.pas, change this in tabwidget (make it horizontal).

tabwidget.options :=
[tabo_dragsource,tabo_dragdest,tabo_tabsizing,tabo_dblclickedtabfirst,tabo_hintclippedtext]

Then compile MSEide an run it.

In my OS, the tab-hint of source-editor are no more showed.

FreD;

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Hello.

In previous mail, please read:

tabwidget.tab.options := ...

(In place of tabwidget.options := ...)

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Re-re-hello Martin.

OK, I get it.

The tabhint for horizontal tab is show when adding this:

function tsourcefo.createnewpage(const afilename: filenamety): tsourcepage;
begin
 result.tabhint := afilename; // add this
end;

Now passing with mouse on a tab shows tabhint (with full pathname).

It works ok for the active-page-tab but for inactive-tab it works only
random, sometimes it is show, sometimes not.

See video:

ideU_taghint.mp4
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/ideU_taghint.mp4>

Thanks.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Re-re-...-hello Martin.

OK, I found the random.

It seems that sta file does not save the tabhint-caption.

So, after loading a project, this is done:

procedure tsourcefo.updatetabhint;
var
x : integer;
begin
for x:= 0 to files_tab.count-1
do tsourcepage(files_tab[x]).tabhint :=
tsourcepage(files_tab[x]).pathdisp.value;
end;

Now all the tabhint are visible after mouse-move, even the not active.

On Saturday 15 September 2018 21:53:20 fredvs wrote:

> In MSEide, with the vertical ttawidget of source-editor, the tab-hint has
> for caption the name + extension of the file.
>
> Good but, IMHO the full path name would be more useful.
> This because sometimes the same files from 2 different directories are
> loaded and the hint does not give info for this.

The hint shows clipped captions only. Please check the line at the bottom of
the editor window which shows the full path of the active page.

On Sunday 16 September 2018 07:17:26 Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Saturday 15 September 2018 21:53:20 fredvs wrote:
> > In MSEide, with the vertical ttawidget of source-editor, the tab-hint has
> > for caption the name + extension of the file.
> >
> > Good but, IMHO the full path name would be more useful.
> > This because sometimes the same files from 2 different directories are
> > loaded and the hint does not give info for this.
>
> The hint shows clipped captions only. Please check the line at the bottom
> of the editor window which shows the full path of the active page.

I suggest to use Ctrl+E in order to search a file in editor tabs. It shows a
dense grid of the alphabethically sorted captions with the full path of the
current mouse cell at the bottom. There is also a buttion in order to open a
new file.

On Saturday 15 September 2018 22:28:41 fredvs wrote:

> > That would be a bug.
>
> Could you please try this:
>
> In MSEide, in sourceform.pas, change this in tabwidget (make it
> horizontal).
>
> tabwidget.options :=
> [tabo_dragsource,tabo_dragdest,tabo_tabsizing,tabo_dblclickedtabfirst,tabo_
>hintclippedtext]
>
> Then compile MSEide an run it.
>
> In my OS, the tab-hint of source-editor are no more showed.

You are aware that only clipped captions (tabo_hintclippedtext) are showed as
hints in MSEide? In horizontal mode the tab width normally is automatic so
there are no clipped captions -> no hints.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

Thanks for your advices but I really like the tabhint of full path.
IMHO it it super easy to use, no need to do complicated combination of keys.

Sorry but I will use it for ideU.

On Sunday 16 September 2018 14:09:27 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> Thanks for your advices but I really like the tabhint of full path.
> IMHO it it super easy to use, no need to do complicated combination of
> keys.

It is also in RightClick popup menu. You never used that window in order to
select an editor page? It also supports incremental caption search.
I think one should be thrifty with hint popups.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

> You never used that window in order to select an editor page?

Yes and it is great.

> I think one should be thrifty with hint popups

Yes but, maybe it is because I like Geany IDE...
It also give a Tab-hint of the full path if you mouse-move on a tab.
And I recognize that lot of Geany-ideas give inspiration to ideU.

And you know what, now that tab-hint is enabled in ideU source-editor, I
like it so much that I added also the full-path + date of modification +
size in Kb.

procedure tsourcefo.updatehinttab;
var
x : integer;
ainfo: fileinfoty;

begin
for x:= 0 to files_tab.count-1 do
begin
 getfileinfo(expandprmacros(tsourcepage(files_tab[x]).pathdisp.value),
ainfo);
tsourcepage(files_tab[x]).tabhint :=
tsourcepage(files_tab[x]).pathdisp.value
+ ' | Date: ' + formatdatetime('YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm',ainfo.extinfo1.modtime)
+ ' | Size: ' + IntToStr( ainfo.extinfo1.size div 1000) + ' Kb.'
end;
end;

By the way, is it possible to have a panel-hint with multi rows ?
(If no, no problems).

Thanks.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

fredvs
> By the way, is it possible to have a panel-hint with multi rows ?

Ha, ok, + #10#10 + does the trick.

Example: thepage.tabhint := 'First row' + #10#10 + 'Second row';

WoW.

ideU_tabhint.mp4
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/ideU_tabhint.mp4>

On Monday 17 September 2018 01:41:54 fredvs wrote:

> By the way, is it possible to have a panel-hint with multi rows ?
> (If no, no problems).

Sorry, I overlooked that question. In object inspector use [n in order to
start a new line ("first[nsecond") or use the editor dialog in property
editor with the ellipse button. In code use 'first'+linend+'second'.

On Saturday 29 September 2018 07:54:15 Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Sorry, I overlooked that question. In object inspector use [n in order to
> start a new line ("first[nsecond") or use the editor dialog in property
> editor with the ellipse button. In code use 'first'+linend+'second'.

In source editor it is also possible to select a text block and to execute
RightClick-'Modify Selection'-'Convert to Pascal string'.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Hint of horizontal ttabwidget?

Hello Martin.

Perfect, thanks.

PS: Here it works with lineend (not linend)