[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

1234

[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

In MSEFormDesigner, when a form is covered, for example by a tdockpanel, the
Object inspector cannot be accessed via the form designer-click-on-widget.

It must be done with the list in Object inspector.

The same for each widget that accept childs.

Would it be not good to have the possibility to add a icon on the form, like
for NoGui widgets?
While clicking one those icon, it will select in Object inspector the
correspondent widget, like when clicking on that widget.

Of course that "Show Parent-icons in Form Designer" could be optional.

<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/mse_parenticons.png>

What do you think?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

On Friday 01 June 2018 00:22:25 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> In MSEFormDesigner, when a form is covered, for example by a tdockpanel,
> the Object inspector cannot be accessed via the form
> designer-click-on-widget.

Please press the Esc-key until the wanted parent widget is selected.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
> Please press the Esc-key until the wanted parent widget is selected.

... Click + Esc... wow yes, indeed it works.

(But I still believe that a icon is faster and easier).

OK, I will try to do it myself (advices are welcome where to look in code).

On Friday 01 June 2018 11:47:09 fredvs wrote:
> > Please press the Esc-key until the wanted parent widget is selected.
>
> ... Click + Esc... wow yes, indeed it works.
>
> (But I still believe that a icon is faster and easier).
>
> OK, I will try to do it myself (advices are welcome where to look in code).

I think there should not be more controls if not absolutely necessary. I think
the Esc method is elegant and fast.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
> I think there should not be more controls if not absolutely necessary.

Maybe.

Did you note that Esc + Click works only for 1 parent ?
If that parent is child of a other parent, that root parent cannot be
accessible.

On Sunday 03 June 2018 14:13:29 fredvs wrote:
> > I think there should not be more controls if not absolutely necessary.
>
> Maybe.
>
> Did you note that Esc + Click works only for 1 parent ?
> If that parent is child of a other parent, that root parent cannot be
> accessible.

That would be a bug. How to reproduce?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
> That would be a bug. How to reproduce?

1) Create a new project.
2) On the form, add a Tgroupbox with same size as the form.
3) On that Tgroupbox add a other Tgroupbox with same size as the parent.
4) Try to access the form with Esc + Clck...

Works for me. I wrote:

> Please press the Esc-key until the wanted parent widget is selected.

Please send a simple testcase if it does not work for you.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
Hello.

> Please send a simple testcase if it does not work for you.

msemem.zip
<http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msemem.zip>

Click on tchartleft or tchartright, for me even with Esc, the mainfo can not
be accessed.

On Monday 04 June 2018 15:30:23 fredvs wrote:

> Hello.
>
> > Please send a simple testcase if it does not work for you.
>
> msemem.zip
> <http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/file/t2/msemem.zip>
>
> Click on tchartleft or tchartright, for me even with Esc, the mainfo can
> not be accessed.

For me objectinspector shows "tchartleft (tchart)" after LeftClk, "playleft
(tgroupbox)" after first Esc, "spectrumgroup (tgroupbox)" after second Esc
and "mainfo (tmainfo)" after third Esc.
For you?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
Hello.

What I do:

- Click on playleft (tgroupbox) ---> OK, playleft is selected.
- Press Esc, then maintaining Esc pressed, click again on playleft ---> OK,
spectrumgroup (tgroupbox) is selected.
- Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->
playleft is selected back (not mainfo).
- Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->  OK,
spectrumgroup is selected.
- Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->
playleft is selected back (not mainfo).
- Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->  OK,
spectrumgroup is selected.
- Etc ---> Only switch between playleft and spectrumgroup (no mainfo
selected)

Maybe I miss something (or Mint is once again guilty).

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
Re-hello.

Huh, in my system, it works if... you use the right-button click + Esc...

OK, solved. (but strange that mix of button by system).

On Monday 04 June 2018 22:56:09 fredvs wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What I do:
>
> - Click on playleft (tgroupbox) ---> OK, playleft is selected.
> - Press Esc, then maintaining Esc pressed, click again on playleft ---> OK,
> spectrumgroup (tgroupbox) is selected.
> - Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->
> playleft is selected back (not mainfo).
> - Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->
> OK, spectrumgroup is selected.
> - Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->
> playleft is selected back (not mainfo).
> - Still with Esc pressed (not released), click again on playleft  ---->
> OK, spectrumgroup is selected.
> - Etc ---> Only switch between playleft and spectrumgroup (no mainfo
> selected)

Steps are:

LeftClick "tchartleft".
Press ESC-Key.
Release ESC-Key.
Press ESC-Key.
Release ESC-Key.
Press ESC-Key.
Release ESC-Key.

Or

LeftClick "tchartleft".
Release LeftButton.
Press ESC-Key.
Release ESC-Key.
Press ESC-Key.
Release ESC-Key.
Press ESC-Key.
Release ESC-Key.

I wrote in the first mail:

> Please press the Esc-key until the wanted parent widget is selected.

Which probably correctly should be:

> Please press and release the Esc-key until the wanted parent widget is
selected.

;-)

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

>Steps are:

>LeftClick "tchartleft".
>Press ESC-Key.
>Release ESC-Key.
>Press ESC-Key.
>Release ESC-Key.
>Press ESC-Key.
>Release ESC-Key.

I am totally sorry but on my Linux Mint 64 it does not work.

LeftClick "tchartleft".  ---> OK, tchartleft selected.
Press ESC-Key.  (with left button maintened)--> OK, playleft selected.
Release ESC-Key. ---> nothing appends
Press ESc-key  ---> nothing appends

> or
>LeftClick "tchartleft".
>Release LeftButton.
>Press ESC-Key.
>Release ESC-Key.
>Press ESC-Key.
>Release ESC-Key.
>Press ESC-Key.
>Release ESC-Key.

LeftClick "tchartleft".  ---> OK, tchartleft selected.
Release LeftButton. --> OK, tchartleft still selected.
Press ESC-Key.  ---> nothing appends
Release ESC-Key. ---> nothing appends
Press ESc-key  ---> nothing appends

;-(

On Tuesday 05 June 2018 14:27:43 fredvs wrote:

> Hello Martin.
>
> >Steps are:
> >
> >LeftClick "tchartleft".
> >Press ESC-Key.
> >Release ESC-Key.
> >Press ESC-Key.
> >Release ESC-Key.
> >Press ESC-Key.
> >Release ESC-Key.
>
> I am totally sorry but on my Linux Mint 64 it does not work.
>
> LeftClick "tchartleft".  ---> OK, tchartleft selected.
> Press ESC-Key.  (with left button maintened)--> OK, playleft selected.
> Release ESC-Key. ---> nothing appends
Correct.

> Press ESc-key  ---> nothing appends

Not correct.

> > or
> >LeftClick "tchartleft".
> >Release LeftButton.
> >Press ESC-Key.
> >Release ESC-Key.
> >Press ESC-Key.
> >Release ESC-Key.
> >Press ESC-Key.
> >Release ESC-Key.
>
> LeftClick "tchartleft".  ---> OK, tchartleft selected.
> Release LeftButton. --> OK, tchartleft still selected.

Correct.

> Press ESC-Key.  ---> nothing appends

Not correct.

> Release ESC-Key. ---> nothing appends

Correct.

> Press ESc-key  ---> nothing appends

Not correct.

Does your window manager "eat" Esc-keys? What if you use another window
manager?
AFAIK Mint uses forks of Gnome2 and Gnome3 as window managers which have very
bad quality. Do you remember their Z-order handling bugs I asked to report at
Mint team?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

fredvs
Hello Martin.

> Does your window manager "eat" Esc-keys?
Huh, what is "eat" Esc keys ?

> What if you use another window manager?
Sorry, I do not have any other window manager installed (and no energy to
install a other now).

That said, using right-button + Esc key works like charm and for me, that
way it is perfect.

On Tuesday 05 June 2018 14:49:00 fredvs wrote:
> Hello Martin.
>
> > Does your window manager "eat" Esc-keys?
>
> Huh, what is "eat" Esc keys ?

It maybe uses the Esc-key in order to trigger a window manager action or there
is a bug so it is not delivered to the application. Do you use the original
MSEide?

> > What if you use another window manager?
>
> Sorry, I do not have any other window manager installed (and no energy to
> install a other now).

Don't have your beloved JWM at hand?

> That said, using right-button + Esc key works like charm and for me, that
> way it is perfect.

Bugs must be fixed not circumvented.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

Hello Martin.

> AFAIK Mint uses forks of Gnome2 and Gnome3 as window managers which have
> very bad quality.

Yes, I know that Mint is not the best.
But, according to https://distrowatch.com, Mint is still the most popular
Linux distro.

IMHO, you should install it and test/adapt MSEgui for it.

My 0.00001 cent, of course.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

> Don't have your beloved JWM at hand?

Only for FreeBSD.
But ok, I will test it on FreeBSD asap.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Form accessible via form-designer ?

> Do you use the original MSEide?

No, it is with ideU (but form-designer and all MSEgui-manager-things are the
same as last MSEide commits).

OK, I will test with last MSEide.

Write you later.

1234