[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Chinese characters

Hi "小石头"

Please register on the mailing list
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/lists/mseide-msegui-talk
and ask questions about MSEide+MSEgui at
[hidden email]
An archive is here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mseide-msegui-talk@.../
I'll post that mail there.

On Thursday 03 May 2018 05:01:50 you wrote:
> i am chinese
> win10  64
>

> still about font set
> i set  a stringedit
>  1、 charset gb2312 and input  a chinese's '?'  the stringedit out  two
> '??'

Attached how it looks on my Windows 7 (chinesechars.PNG).
MSEgui uses unicode fonts, so please don't set tfont.charset property.

> 2、foucus cursor into this  stringedit,when have chinese char ,aways
> cursor at zero,not char's behind.

This is most likely a problem in default Tahoma font. With Microsoft YaHei it
is OK, see microsoft_yahei.PNG.

AFAIK you use MSEide+MSEgui since a long time, is this an new problem?
BTW, tstringedit1.font.name is "ËÎÌå" which looks wrong.

chinesechars.PNG (1K) Download Attachment
microsoft_yahei.PNG (68K) Download Attachment

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Chinese characters

On 03.05.2018 15:08, 小石头 wrote:
> still error.
>
>   i set 'Microsoft YaHei'. yes ,the crusor is right.
> but
> input a english  '>'  then  input   a chinese '啊' or  and then  input a
> chinese '啊' again
> should  3 chars,but get 4  chars.

Maybe a problem with the Chinese input method. I fear you must debug
yourself because I don't know Chinese.

About your problems with the mailing list, I don't get the error message
"Form security (reCAPTCHA) missing, please submit again" if I try to
register at mseide-msegui-talk. Was there a security question or task
you had to resolve?

Please register at SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/user/registration
login and ask SourceForge for help:
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/new/

On Friday 04 May 2018 02:29:11 you wrote:
> still
>

> i should debug from where
> witch procedurce for begin   .
> it happend when  'enter' push

That means if you enter '>啊啊' the editwidget shows '>啊啊' and after you press
the enter key it shows '>啊啊啊'? Have you removed the GB2312 charset property
setting in font?
The procedure which is triggered by the enter key is in
lib/common/editwidgets/msedataedits.pas
"
procedure tcustomdataedit.editnotification(var info: editnotificationinfoty);
var
 bo1: boolean;
begin
 if fcontrollerintf <> nil then begin
  fcontrollerintf.editnotification(info);
 end;
 case info.action of
  ea_textentered: begin
   bo1:= true;
   if (des_edited in fstate) or
                       (oe_forcereturncheckvalue in foptionsedit) then begin
    bo1:= checkvalue; <<<<-----
"

On 05/04/2018 08:50 AM, 小石头 wrote:
> maybe debug here
> test
> '啊'  and '?' '》' 《|“:}{   1-9 0 - =
> this char have  this  problem

Works for me, see attachment. I used Altdown Pad+ 554a Altup in order to
enter the Chinese characters. Maybe a problem with the input method.

chinesecharacter.wmv (21K) Download Attachment

On 05.05.2018 10:16, 小石头 wrote:
> could you add all hint message  use  'Microsoft YaHei'  or set
>
> i debug   souce ,the hint can not show all

Please start MSEide by
"
mseide.exe "--fontalias=stf_default,Microsoft YaHei"
"

Still no success with registering at SorceForge mseide-msegui-talk?

On Saturday 05 May 2018 12:26:59 you wrote:
> still not
> the  photo  i sent   uesd  your  seting
> but   not  right

Chinese characters are showed correct for me in debug value hint if MSEide is
started by
"
mseide.exe "--fontalias=stf_default,Microsoft YaHei"
"
Alternatively you can also use the watch window.

On Saturday 05 May 2018 12:35:42 you wrote:
> still  not

Still not what?

On 05.05.2018 12:36, 小石头 wrote:
> 1、mseide.exe "--fontalias=stf_default,Microsoft YaHei"
> "
> YES  great   !
> how to build this  in  application

"
uses
  msestockobjects;
[...]
  stockobjects.fonts[stf_default].name:= 'Microsoft YaHei';
"
at the beginning of the program.

On Saturday 05 May 2018 13:19:36 you wrote:
> 1、mseide.exe "--fontalias=stf_default,Microsoft YaHei"
> "
> YES  great   !
>  this is my first set
> mseide.exe --FONTALIAS=stf_default,Microsoft YaHei,16
>
> 2、Still no success with registering at SorceForge mseide-msegui-talk

Did you get support from SourceForge?

> 3、can remote control ?  i  fond a mabye bug

No, sorry. What is the bug? The "SIGTRAP" is normal with Windows gdb on first
breakpoint stop.

On Saturday 05 May 2018 13:38:48 you wrote:
> maybe   you can  help me to  register    SourceForge

Unfortunately not. SourceForge significantly limited the admin rights of the
mailing list owners. I can not even check who is registered.
The only way is to register on SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/user/registration
login to SourceForge and to get a support ticket here:

On 05.05.2018 14:30, 小石头 wrote:

> 1、 CREATE A BAT FILE
>   mseide.exe "--fontalias=stf_default,Microsoft YaHei"
>   input ok  ,hint ok
>
> 2、
>   {$ifdef FPC}{$ifdef unix}cthreads,{$endif}{$endif}
>   msegui,main,msestockobjects,mseguiglob;
> begin
> stockobjects.fonts[stf_default].name:= 'Microsoft YaHei';
>   application.createform(tmainfo,mainfo);
>   application.run;
>

> input ok   but hint  not ok

Please try
"
uses
  msefont;
[...]
  registerfontalias('stf_default','Microsoft YaHei');
"

On Saturday 05 May 2018 15:00:23 you wrote:

> msegui,main,msestockobjects,mseguiglob;
> begin
> stockobjects.fonts[stf_default].name:= 'Microsoft YaHei';
>  application.createform(tmainfo,mainfo);
>
>  application.run;
>

> yes  great
>

> 2、 got a bug
> because  window10 system's  input ime
> will get 2 same char.  ps .  i input "1"  then get "11".
> i install a another ime app.
> it is great 。
>

> but why??

I don't know, I don't have Windows 10. Maybe MSEgui doesn't handle IME
messages correctly. But with your other IME app it works OK?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Chinese characters

Hello.

> Still no success with registering at SorceForge mseide-msegui-talk?

You may also register via ==>

http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com

On Sunday 06 May 2018 13:05:22 fredvs wrote:
> Hello.
>
> > Still no success with registering at SorceForge mseide-msegui-talk?
>
> You may also register via ==>
>
> http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com

That mails probably will be bounced and I have to delete the bounce messages.