[MSEide-MSEgui-talk] APACHE MOD

mohamed hamza
Hi,

   Is It possible to develop a module extension for Apache that support Mse PAS same as Apache supports PHPs.  Any Ideas ?

Med

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] APACHE MOD

PatG

On 6/10/19 12:54 PM, mohamed hamza wrote:
Hi,

   Is It possible to develop a module extension for Apache that support Mse PAS same as Apache supports PHPs.  Any Ideas ?

Med

Do you mean as a CGI module?

Pascal can be used to compile cgi modules so I would assume you could compile an mse project as long as you follow cgi programming standards.

Do a search for apache cgi pascal module and see what you get.

The lazarus project has some web programming examples as well.

Patrick

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] APACHE MOD

Sieghard
Hello Patrick,

you wrote on Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:25:56 -0400:

> >    Is It possible to develop a module extension for Apache that >
> > support Mse PAS same as Apache supports PHPs.  Any Ideas ?

PHP acts as a kind of language extension to apache, to allow for this
special kind of scripting. PHP therefore is a language interpreter.
Pascal, on the contrary, is generally implemented as a compiled language,
which doesn't really support this kind of scripting. But Martin did
implement something he called "Pascal script" which might be adaptable to
support the same kind of language extension for apache as PHP does.

> Do you mean as a CGI module?

A CGI module is something different from what PHP does - it is a separate,
self contained program (that may be implemented as a script in some
arbitrary language - even PHP - but could also be compiled to native code)
that takes some parameters and produces some amount of specially formatted
_valid_ HTTP code to be passed on (by apache) to the client browser.

> Pascal can be used to compile cgi modules so I would assume you could
> compile an mse project as long as you follow cgi programming standards.

Only programs that DO NOT use a GUI (any GUI function) and produce valid
HTTP output on their stdout can be used that way. Should they do otherwise,
they will simply not work.
(I did implement a couple such "scripts" in fpc. They're either rather
boring lists of "writeln" statements, each producing a line of HTML code,
or act on external datafiles, extracting values of interest and
reformatting them - again - into correct HTML code containing HTML-
representable instances of these values, e.g. table rows, plain text with
interspersed data fields, links or such stuff. Rather straightforward and
therefore quite boring programming...)

(Weitergabe von Adressdaten, Telefonnummern u.ä. ohne Zustimmung
nicht gestattet, ebenso Zusendung von Werbung oder ähnlichem)