MSE and LLVM

fredvs
Hello Martin.

I am studding  the feature of LLVM.

FPC has a wiki for LLVM :

http://wiki.freepascal.org/LLVM

It seems that LLVM has many limitation vs FPC.

Is it true ?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE and LLVM

On Friday 18 August 2017 22:59:04 fredvs wrote:

> Hello Martin.
>
> I am studding  the feature of LLVM.
>
> FPC has a wiki for LLVM :
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/LLVM
>
> It seems that LLVM has many limitation vs FPC.
>
> Is it true ?

LLVM bitcode is a kind of target independent assembler code which will be
optimized and converted to the code of the target processor by the LLVM
framework.
Free Pascal is a high level language. I don't think that FPC and LLVM can be
compared. Which limitations do you mean?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE and LLVM

fredvs

> Which limitations do you mean?

From LLVM-fpc wiki:

- Much less  targets OS,...
- And all the restrictions in "Frequently Asked Questions" LLVM-fpc wiki.

Do you have a MSELang donation or something else to help development of MSELang ?

On Saturday 19 August 2017 13:29:29 Fred van Stappen wrote:
> > Which limitations do you mean?
>
> From LLVM-fpc wiki:
>
> - Much less  targets OS,...

True. Is it a problem for you? I assume that new important targets will be
supported by LLVM at least as fast as by FPC. Because LLVM is opensource it
can be modified in order to support the needed targets, the necessary
infrastructure is here.

> > - And all the restrictions in "Frequently Asked Questions" LLVM-fpc wiki.

MSElang uses LLVM bitcode as intermediate medium not LLVM assembler text as
AFAIK FPC uses. LLVM bitcode of new LLVM versions is backward compatible.
And yes, LLVM tools are slow, it is very sad. An effect of the "high quality
C++ code" I fear. ;-)

> Do you have a MSELang donation or something else to help development of
> MSELang ?

If you like to donate to the MSE projects please use the links on
http://msegui.com/?q=node/7

It is not yet possible to split development tasks of MSElang because I still
try out different solutions and I don't want to to destroy the work of other
people. I'll come back if there are tasks which can be divided out.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE and LLVM

fredvs

>> - Much less  targets OS,...

> True. Is it a problem for you?

Not really. And so I could still use fpc if I have a projet for OS2. ;-)

The different test of performance of Clang vs gcc are immersive.

If I understand ok, with MSElang you will offer a "Wirthian" language to LLVM ?

This is brillant and the only realistic future for Pascal language.

I am you fan.

> If you like to donate to the MSE projects please use the links on
http://msegui.com/?q=node/7

I will.

On Sunday 20 August 2017 00:49:20 Fred van Stappen wrote:

> >> - Much less  targets OS,...
> >
> > True. Is it a problem for you?
>
> Not really. And so I could still use fpc if I have a projet for OS2. ;-)
>
> The different test of performance of Clang vs gcc are immersive.
>
> If I understand ok, with MSElang you will offer a "Wirthian" language to
> LLVM ?

Exactly.

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE and LLVM

>> If you like to donate to the MSE projects please use the links on
>> http://msegui.com/?q=node/7

>I will.

Hello Martin.
I have try with my MasterCard ---> "Your card number does accept transaction, please contact your bank".
I went to bank ---> "It should work, retry it..."
I did try everyday, still same "Your card number does accept transaction, please contact your bank".

Huh, in your country, it seems that there are banks too.
Could you give simply your bank account ?

Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] MSE and LLVM

fredvs
In previous mail, please read:

"Your card number does NOT accept transaction, please contact your bank".

On Saturday 26 August 2017 12:48:05 fredvs wrote:

> >> If you like to donate to the MSE projects please use the links on
> >> http://msegui.com/?q=node/7
> >
> >I will.
>
> Hello Martin.
> I have try with my MasterCard ---> "Your card number does accept
> transaction, please contact your bank".
> I went to bank ---> "It should work, retry it..."
> I did try everyday, still same "Your card number does accept transaction,
> please contact your bank".
>
> Huh, in your country, it seems that there are banks too.
Yes, there are. ;-)

> Could you give simply your bank account ?

Please send me your OpenPGP public key and your email address to
fpmse at bluewin.ch (the mail address of the MSEide+MSEgui PayPal account).
Attached my OpenPGP public key for further secure communication, the
fingerprint of my key is
00EFB9DBA5E426977537E55A143629A12F50153B

0x00EFB9DBA5E426977537E55A143629A12F50153B.asc (966 bytes) Download Attachment